Google
 
Internet Goosing the Antithesis

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Fuck 'em if they don't get it

Evangelical Atheist is a fucking idiot.

“In my reply to Morgaine from the other day, I said that “There are, without question, those atheists who have simply traded god for science without losing religion in the process.” Francois Tremblay is a perfect example."


Brrrr ! You lose. What's more, with an ad hom. The guy is thinking like a Christian and then he accuses me of the same thing. Why am I not surprised ?

No, fortunately I have not "traded god for science" because I was never a theist. And I do not have a religion. That's a fucking juvenile Christian insult. I can't believe he would say something like that. I have asked him simple questions, and he refused to answer them. He never said what would change his mind.

You can lead a jackass to the truth, but you can't make him think.

Post a Comment


6 Comments:

At 11/20/2005 9:23 AM, Blogger Francois Tremblay declaimed...

Perhaps there is not much difference, apart from the fact that he thinks calling me "egotistical" and using childish ad homs is the way to answer perfectly reasonable questions. If he has no problem in making an ass out of himself in this way, then I have no problem forgetting all about him and his blog.

Petty, perhaps, but that cancels out his pettiness.

Let's just say I have zero interest in intellectual bullies.

 
At 11/21/2005 7:01 AM, Blogger vjack declaimed...

The title of this post sounds an awful lot like what a Christian would say. I have not followed the debate you have apparently been having with I AM, so I am not sure why you are so upset. However, I would encourage you to try to keep things civil within our little atheist community. Disagreements will happen, but if we can't work problems out amongst ourselves we have little hope in bringing about change on a larger scale.

 
At 11/21/2005 9:31 AM, Blogger Francois Tremblay declaimed...

Why are you telling ME that ? I was perfectly fine with IAM until he started his ad homs. I agree that it would be better if we could all just cooperate - heck, people are doing shit to me all the time. But I'm not going to be a sap for it.

 
At 11/21/2005 10:10 AM, Blogger Aaron Kinney declaimed...

I think I AM got pissed and started attacking you after you left some critical and/or cryptic comments.

It seems he is equating science with religion, or at least he is saying that if one adheres rigorously to science, then that person is "religious" about the science.

I obviously dont agree with that.

 
At 11/21/2005 5:37 PM, Blogger Aaron Kinney declaimed...

Actually I wanna revise what I said earlier. It seems to me that there was some kind of miscommunication/misunderstanding on both parts. I believe that if this whole interaction occured face to face that the sour attitudes would never have materialized on either side.

 
At 11/22/2005 12:51 PM, Blogger Francois Tremblay declaimed...

That is a strong possibility. I'm very easy to get along with. And when someone an idiot, I just leave them alone.

 

<< Home