Google
 
Internet Goosing the Antithesis

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Church/State Quiz / God the Superhero / HA show

What Do You Know About The Separation of State and Church? the quiz ! How many answers can you get right ? Alison got 18 out of 21, but it rather helps if you're American.

In his article "'God' and Other Superheroes", on the anarchist site "Strike the Root" (shout-out !), Mike Wasdin tells us how much he'd like to have God's job.

I want “god’s” job. What other profession in the universe would you get all the credit and none of the blame? If something good happens, then you would get all the credit, but if something bad happens, well that was someone else’s fault. What a great job, where do I apply?
Like most people, I thought it was a great tragedy when I read about the 12 miners trapped in a coal mine. I also felt a sense of relief when the news media reported that all 12 were alive and well. I then felt a sense of horror when I learned the media was wrong and 11 of 12 were dead and one was close to death.

As the story began to unfold, I read how the family members had prayed for a miracle and then thanked “god” for answering their prayers when the media falsely reported they were alive. What I did not hear about was the family recanting their thanks when it was learned that “god” did nothing to help them.

Hey I understand, maybe “god” was playing golf or maybe he was busy answering other prayers and was overworked. Either way though, “god” still received all the credit and none of the blame for this tragedy. I wonder if the believers have ever given this any thought?


Good news ! Freethought Radio is back, and the Hellbound Alleee Live show will be back on February 12th. Also, our newest show - How to Argue Morality, with Stefan Molyneux - is up on the archives page.

Talking about the show, do any of you know of an anti-abortion atheist who'd like to be a guest ? I'm thinking of having a little debate on the topic. We would be the pro-abortion side and Stefan would represent the middle ground.

Post a Comment


1 Comments:

At 2/05/2006 1:18 PM, Blogger Zachary Moore declaimed...

20 out of 21! The only one I got wrong was #8. Kick ass.

 

<< Home