Google
 
Internet Goosing the Antithesis

Friday, September 01, 2006

A summation and goodbye

Throughout my tenure at Goosing the Antithesis, I have discussed various ways to show how religion is immoral. Amongst a lot of other things, I have discussed the following areas:

All "Christian values" are projections.
How Christian morality is infantile.
How Christian morality interferes with natural moral development.
The tension between Christian morality and modern values.
How Christian morality contradicts basic moral assumptions.
How Christian morality is just a variant of "might makes right." (also here)
The many ways in which Christianity promotes irresponsibility.
The Problem of Evil.
The Christian denial of free will.
The moral superiority of atheism in empowering the destitute.
The fact that Christianity has no values of its own.
The immorality of belief.

Also some related epistemic and moral issues:

The utter failure of presuppositionalism (there are so many entries on this, but here is one), The levels of order, The virtue of non-coercion, The general denial of free will, The nature of proof, Christianity as an inter-subjective system, Why miracles are impossible by definition, Memetics and Christianity, Proving negatives, The virtue of greed, The virtue of honesty, Lovey-Dovey Christianity, Defeat of the Will, Subjectivity of the Divine Will, The "problem of induction", Materialist apologetics, The virtue of justice, The virtue of non-sacrifice, The Block Universe, The memetics of Original Sin, and The memetics of Tolerence vs Intolerence.


I feel I have rather exhausted the topic of morality's relation with religion and atheism. I am tired of talking about atheism in general, and now think the topic all rather silly. I will still post little items from time to time, but this is the end of my regular contributions. I think that I may want to start another atheist blog in the future, but it would have to have a very positive slant (ex. a materialist, reductionist atheist blog).

People who still want to follow my writings can do so at my blogs The Radical Libertarian and Check Your Premises (so no, my enemies won't be able to brag that I'm gone!).

Post a Comment


4 Comments:

At 9/01/2006 12:52 AM, Blogger Aaron Kinney declaimed...

*shaking fist, using William Shatner voice* "Fraaaaaaaaaaaanc!"

 
At 9/01/2006 12:54 AM, Blogger Francois Tremblay declaimed...

*waves as he vanishes slowly in the horizon

(faintly) remember me aaron

 
At 9/01/2006 8:37 AM, Blogger Zachary Moore declaimed...

Quite a portfolio. Thanks for your time here!

 
At 9/02/2006 12:13 AM, Blogger BlackSun declaimed...

Happy Trails, dude!

 

<< Home