Google
 
Internet Goosing the Antithesis

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Echoes From The Past: UPDATE

I was able to find the email address of Emily, the woman who responded to my letter, and sent her the following:

Hello, this is in the hopes that I'm writing to the Emily Aleshire who responded to a letter I wrote as a Freshman at UC in 1998, titled "Women are Gifts from God."

Just wanted you to know that although your criticism stung a bit at the time, my perspective has changed substantially, and I completely agree with you now. Thanks for giving me something to think about at the time- it's stayed with me, and now I can really appreciate it.

-Z


She promptly wrote me back, saying:

Wow, what a surprise! I remember thinking at that time that you were like an immovable object:-). Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know how things have changed for you...I'm sure the women in your life are grateful for your perspective.

All the best,
Emily


Considering that the woman I married is about as far theologically as she could be from the woman I was dating when I wrote that letter, I think it's a fair assessment.

Post a Comment


0 Comments:

<< Home