Google
 
Internet Goosing the Antithesis

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Five Facts Meme

Although I'm not going to pass this meme along, I'll go ahead and give my response.

1) I am (non-intentionally) most likely responsible for one Sasquatch sighting. When I was younger, I experimented with ultraprimitive outdoorsmanship, which involved, literally, a mud-covered body, loincloth, and zero human contact. After about a week of this one summer, I ran across a group of college kids and scared the shit out of them. It's pretty funny looking back, but I was kinda freaked out too. I think I have a picture of this somewhere.

2) Part of the motivation for that comes from my reading (as a young kid) of "My Side of the Mountain," which also inspired my dream of getting involved with falconry at some point.

3) I enjoy making homebrewed beer (and occasionally mead), having started since right about the time I started college. My first batch was absolute crap, because I didn't know what I was doing, and turned pretty vinegary after a few days. But I was so stubborn that I eventually drank the whole batch (about 5 gallons), and I'm frankly surprised that I didn't get sick.

4) I decided several years ago that I should try to write a song. I modeled it a bit after Seven Nations' "Twelve," and worked with my roommate to figure out the proper guitar chording. I recorded it with my brothers under the band name "Kelley's Heroes" over Thanksgiving, and published it on MP3.com. It's called "She Walks Through The Heather," and it's not too bad for a first try. I had a lot of fun doing it, but I haven't been motivated at all do try to do another.

5) I used to write letters to the editor of my college newspaper arguing for the Christian position on several social issues. I remember that one was on the role of women in society (women are gifts from God), and another was on homosexuality (homosexuals are unnatural), and without question, I'm pretty embarrassed about them now. They used to be in the archives of the newspaper's website, but I think they're gone now.

Post a Comment


2 Comments:

At 1/17/2007 12:24 PM, Blogger Aaron Kinney declaimed...

Excellent facts, Zach!

And about the Christian perspective web archives thing... I bet Google or something has them cached somewhere. Just perfect for a detractor to dig up and try to smear you once you become a world famous and mega-rich atheist!!!! ;)

 
At 1/17/2007 3:14 PM, Blogger Zachary Moore declaimed...

Yeah, I've actually tried to find them on the Internet Archive, but to no avail. I'd love to post them up here as an exercise in contrasts. If anyone wants to try to dig up some "dirt" on me, I went to the University of Cincinnati, and the newspaper there is called the "News Record." The URL for it now is "http://www.newsrecord.org/", although when I was a student there it changed back and forth between "http://newsrecord.uc.edu/" and "http://nr.uc.edu/".

Good luck!

 

<< Home