Google
 
Internet Goosing the Antithesis

Monday, July 14, 2008

D'Souza's Ironic Modesty

Dinesh D'Souza is worried about his modesty:
Modesty is one of my great virtues, and that is why I am always worried when people praise me too much.
I wouldn't worry- he can take care of that himself.
This past weekend I debated atheist Christopher Hitchens... America's leading atheist and... unbelief's best debater.

...when the debate was finished the moderator called for a vote on "who won the debate." By a show of hands, I did! ...Hitchens burst in to say that he would have lost anyway! Later several atheists came up to me and said that although they were rooting for Hitchens, they had voted for me because they felt I had prevailed decisively.

...Michael Shermer... commented that with the passing of William F. Buckley, I am one of the leading defenders of conservatism and freedom in America. He also added, "Whatever your beliefs, you should read Dinesh's book What's So Great About Christianity. It is the best defense of Christianity that has ever been published."

In addition to dealing with atheist accolades, I also have to contend with the same from fellow conservatives and Christians.

...a review of my book [titled] "C.S. Lewis, Move Over," [says] ..."Dinesh D'Souza stakes his claim as one of the great Christian apologists." The review ends thus: "In any case, D'Souza has written a book that both G.K. Chesterton and C.S. Lewis would have appreciated and that perhaps even Billy Graham and Pope Benedict XVI could agree is a masterpiece of modern apologetical writing destined to set the standard for years to come."

With comments like this, I am in serious danger of getting a big head and losing my reputation for self-effacing modesty.
...and the surface of the sun is in danger of getting too hot to handle.

Post a Comment


3 Comments:

At 7/15/2008 5:30 AM, Blogger Reaph declaimed...

I wish D'Souza would worry more about his intellectual honesty.

 
At 7/15/2008 11:02 AM, Blogger Hellbound Alleee declaimed...

How exceedingly humble, that he identifies Christopher Hitchens as AMERICA's leading atheist? Did he not recognize that Texas accent of Hitchens?

And who in their right mind would declare Hitchens the big cheese? That windbag war monger--eh, I'll stop there. But, yeah, Texas. That's the ticket.

 
At 7/17/2008 6:37 PM, Blogger breakerslion declaimed...

Yeah, modesty is such a great virtue! Humble, humble, humble. That's the perfect thing to tell the have-nots. "It's not seemly to stand up for yourself and blow your own horn, And see? I'm one of you! - despite all the circle-jerk friends I have who say I'm terrific! Buy my book."

Pond scum is as pond scum does.

 

<< Home